If you want a heads up about what’s going on in Brussels cultural scene, go take a look @ Brussels Creative Forum on 28 & 29 August 2015.
Imagine that you are having a drink in your favorite bar and you find a flyer about an exhibition you didn’t know about. You visit the exhibition and there you see a poster about a concert that seems interesting. Isn’t it great to discover new things? At the Brussels Creative Forum you will find all the info about every cultural organisation in Brussels in one place! This is what’s on the program:
- A culture market where all these organisations in the field of architecture, cinema, music, theatre, visual art, literature and even comedy will present their program for the next season.
- Conferences about various subjects, like street art, gentrification, tourism, public space and creative industries, all related to Brussels (don’t forget to sign up in advance).
- A book market where you can find every book about Brussels!
For the hungry ones there will be several Food Trucks present, like SINstreetfood ! The event is free and you can even win tickets for cultural events.
I’m definitely going to visit the Creative Form to get inspiration for future blogposts about cultural events in Brussels. If you can’t go the weekend of 28 & 29 August, I will keep you updated regularly 🙂 .
Friday 28 August 12:00 am – 10:00 pm
Saturday 29 August 12:00 am – 06:00 pm
@ Square Brussels, Mont des Arts
Brussel Creative Forum official website
Kamasi Washington is coming to the AB in Brussels on the 16th of November 2015!
Kamasi Washington is a contemporary jazz artist who was born in California. He started playing in different bands as a tenor saxophonist and pianist at a young age, very much influenced by John Coltrane. By now, he’s also an experienced jazz band leader and composer. He played with lots of musicians from the soul, hiphop, electronic music and jazz scene, like Lauryn Hill, Herbie Hancock, Nas and Flying Lotus. Lately he became more noticed because of the arrangements he made for the album ‘To Pimp a Buttterfly‘ from Kendrick Lamar.
If you are in Brussels this weekend, there is a great festival @ Tour & Taxis on 7 & 8 August 2015! A few years ago, on a sunny day, we were walking past the Park Cinquantenaire when we heard some really good reggae music. There was a free party going on in the middle of the park, organized by Reggaebus Brussels. A few years later, they moved to Tour & Taxis in order to expand & attract more people. If you like reggae & dub music, you will like this party!
Bruksellive is a small festival that is organised every year by the Brussels’ youth houses. This year is the 11th edition and the main concept is still the same. There are 4 stages in the Osseghempark, very close to the Atomium, that present more than 30 music dj’s and bands! And the best news of all: it’s FREE!
This is what to expect on the 4 stages:
- Groentheater stage: rock, singer-songwriter, brass bands and Brussels’ dj’s with a mix of house, hiphop, beats & other
- FM Brussel stage: electronic music (hiphop beats, techno, acid house, rave)
- 54 stage: a Brussels dj collective (reggae, jungle, dub, dubstep)
- Br(ik youth house stage: local bands & dj’s, like for example Jef Karakol
Hello everyone! I’ve been doing some thinking about how I can make this blog more active and useful for my readers and came to the conclusion that I want to inform you more regularly & in advance about upcoming expositions and interesting events.
For this time, I want to tell you about a new exhibition opening this week, called Chinese Utopias Revisited – The Elephants!